Saturday 23 October 2010

Phone clarification

So, it turns out that the reason I ran out of funds on the phone: setting up my iPhone to receive Gmail was the problem. When the iPhone accessed my email, it used data, and since the plan hadn't been activated yet, there was a small charge. That brought my balance below £15, which mean when O2 looked at my balance to set up the text and data plan, there wasn't enough cash in the account, which meant that instead of unlimited texts and 500MB of data, I was billed at the standard rate, which ran down my balance. Mystery solved, at a cost of £15. Thanks to the nice man at the O2 shop in Hampstead for sorting all this out.


So, if you're setting up a pay as you go phone for the first time, don't do anything until you get your confirmation message. The clerk had told me not to text or call, but didn't mention email...

No comments:

Post a Comment