Friday 31 December 2010

Looking for an excuse to use Brandy butter?

You should be.

Christmas is the season for Mince Pies. And, if you know me, you know that "pie" is most typically followed by "a la mode." In fact, I see pie as more of a topping for ice cream than the other way around.

So I made the offhand comment one day that mince pies would be pretty good if they were served warm with ice cream, and it was one of those moments where everyone suddenly realizes you're a leper and takes a couple of nervous steps backward. I think one person said, "Gross," which was generous. I was assured that the main thing my mince pie experiences were missing was Brandy butter. What is Brandy butter? I was happy to buy some and find out.

My local store-brand Brandy butter consists of about 47% butter, 47% powdered sugar, and 6% forms of brandy (including cognac). Who feels festive now?

No comments:

Post a Comment